Well here in Cody, we woke up to at least 6″ of snow on the ground AND it’s still coming down! Seems like it became November and all of a sudden winter is upon us.
That said, what are we up to?
- Up at the ranch…
- Byron and Jesse have poured the concrete underneath all of the sheep wagons to keep them more stable and all of the wagons have been moved back to their original locations. The foundation of the addition on the back of Waldorf has also been poured — next up, framing!
- It’s also about time that our horses head to their homes for the winter – some stay up in Sunlight Basin while others will be brought into town until the spring.
- In town…
- Our chickens are happy in the “city” coop – even in the snow and the cold! – today, they were all huddled inside!
- We continue to be well over 90% booked for next summer — so once again, if you’re trying to come see us, give us a call ASAP! We’re also starting to book up in 2019 for some larger family groups.
- Hard to believe, but we’re about to start working on our Christmas Cards – it’s one of our favorite ways to stay in touch with all of you.
- Other than that, we’ve been sewing new lunch sacks, cleaning out vehicles, tidying up the chicken coop among other various things – not the most glamorous work, but all needs to be done!
Here are a few glimpses into what Cody looks like today:
That’s all for now!