So far, it seems like we’ve been having a very different winter than last year….temperatures have, overall, been quite mild, and currently, the snow is not even covering the ground here in town! Hard to believe that this time last year, we were buried in a foot + of snow. We’ve been seeing temperatures in the 40s and 50s (mixed in with some chilly mornings in the teens these past couple of days) — so overall, we can’t really complain.
Here’s what’s been going on at the 7D:
- We are starting to gear up for the 2018 season! That means confirming which staff members are returning, hiring new staff members, sorting out where people will be living and more! It also means getting our GUEST PACKETS ready for our wonderful guests coming out to see us this summer. It takes quite a bit of time to make sure things are printed out, addressed, envelopes stuffed with all of the right info…but it’s actually pretty fun! We love to start getting people excited for the summer NOW.
- At this time, we only have 3 open cabins for this season which is INCREDIBLE (yes, you read that right — only 3 open cabins). We’ve also been booking for our 2019 season – it’s already shaping up to be a wonderful group of returning and new families and guests. So if you’re looking to come out in 2019, now is the time to let us know!
- Stay tuned for some updated gift shop items on the online store (and likely a spring clean out sale in order to get ready for the summer) — we’ve been sorting through inventory and have lots to share!
- The addition to Waldorf is coming along very nicely — by the end of today, it should be completely closed in with windows installed and totally weatherproof! Jesse and Byron have been doing a great job with it and look forward to getting it done along with the inside redo of the rest of the cabin.
- We are about to start planning our spring 2018 newsletter! If you have something you’d like to share about the 7D and/or your time here, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we love to include testimonies, stories, poems, photos from our guests.
That’s about it for now!
All the best from Cody, WY,
Emily + 7D Winter Crew