It seems like we start almost every blog post like this….but where has the time gone?! We are now almost halfway through with Week 13 of 14 which is unbelievable – yet, we have had so many amazing guests this summer so from that perspective, it is very believable that we have made it through 13 weeks. We are in our second (of three) “adult only” weeks so the atmosphere is a little calmer, chillier, and fall is definitely in the air.
Our staff has started to dwindle as we said goodbye to all of our college-aged employees over the last few weeks — they’re headed back to colleges in Vermont, South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Montana. They were great additions to our staff and we were sad to see them go! We still have about 16 staff members to round out the rest of the season – most of whom have been with us for the entire season but a few of whom joined us in mid-August.
What have been some of our favorites from the summer?
- So many return guests not only from last year but from the late 80s and early 90s who have returned to show new members of their family the 7D.
- Weekly Sunrise Hikes — switching from what used to be hiking up Memorial (with your back towards the sunrise) to Ant Hill where you can hike facing the sunrise
- Hiking up to plant the American flag up by Memorial – staff and guests hike and ride up together!
- Weekly brunch rides – always a favorite! Who doesn’t love homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs and sausage gravy??
- Practically NO empty cabins this entire summer!!
- Family reunions — so many multi-generational groups coming to the 7D to have time together as a family.
We’ll keep you posted as things dwindle down here – that’s all for now!
The 7D Crew